re-Certification at CSCPF
For certified CSCPF members of all certification categories, re-certification is required every 5 years in order to maintain certified status. Here are the requirements:
Maintenance of CSCPF Member in Good Standing status requirements:
- Current with CSCPF Individual Membership and Practitioner Community dues
- Annual attendance of 80% of Practitioner Community meetings
- Submission of Individual Annual report to Practitioner Community containing the following:
- List of clinical materials presented, listing dates with category (Case Conference, Didactic, Consultation, etc.)
- Updated personal/professional information
Maintenance of years 1 & 2, plus
- Participation in at least (1) CSCPF task, CSCPF team, or CSCPF Special Project, beyond Practitioner Community meeting attendance.
Maintenance of years 1-4, plus
- A brief reflection paper, to include:
Demonstration of increased development of self-awareness
Honest and balanced self-reflection
Integrative understanding of one’s own psychodynamic and spiritual development
Reflection on personal changes since last certification
Reflection on professional changes since last certification
- Updated Endorsement from Faith Group (if applicable)
- Letter of recommendation from (1) peer in field, not in Practitioner Community
- A peer review for re-certification by Practitioner Community, facilitated by a Peer Review Liaison (PRL)
CSCPF RE-CERTIFICATION PROCESS
In order to have a successful re-certification process, a PRL is required.
CSCPF Peer Review Liaison (PRL): The PRL is determined by the Practitioner Community, collectively. The PRL can be a member of the Practitioner Community, or an outside CSCPF member in good standing.
For the purposes of re-certification, the PRL will complete a Re-Certification Summary Document by:
- Verifying with the re-certification candidate’s Practitioner Community and CSCPF Leadership that:
- The re-certification candidate is a CSCPF Member is in Good Standing, defined as being current with CSCPF Individual Member and Practitioner Community dues and consistent attendance of 80%+ at Practitioner Community meetings
- Has submitted the re-certification application and paid the non-refundable fees
- Receiving from re-certification candidate last 5 years of Involvement Summaries, which includes the following:
- A list of all clinical material presentations, date and category only.
- A record of participation in at least (1) CSCPF task, CSCPF team, and CSCPF special project.
- Receiving from re-certification candidate a copy of Brief reflection Paper.
- Receiving from re-certification candidate updated Faith Group Endorsement, if applicable.
- Receiving Peer Letter of Recommendation from re-certification candidate, or directly from individual.
Once all materials are received, the PRL will notify the Practitioner Community of the successful gathering of all materials and will complete the Re-Certification Summary Document. PRL will send documents to all members of Practitioner Community prior to Re-certification Review Panel.
PRL will send copies of gathered documents to all members of Practitioner Community of the successful gathering of all materials and will complete the Re-Certification Summary Document.
Re-Certification Review Panel (consists of PRL and members of PC)
- Review Panel: Has previously received all documents
- Review Panel: Will designate a Chair, Timekeeper, and a Note Taker
- Review Panel: Gathers for no more than a 2-hour review, which includes results
- Review Panel: Dialogues and interacts with re-certification candidate regarding materials received
- Review Panel: Votes same day regarding success of re-certification.
- PRL: Immediately notifies re-certification candidate and CSCPF leadership* of re-certification results.
- PRL: Submits final Re-Certification Summary Document to CSCPF Leadership
*CSCPF leadership responsible for issuance and delivery of re-certification certificate to candidate in a timely manner